Mar 2, 2010

What Would Google Do? - A Review

What Would Google Do?
It's a very long ode to Google, methinks. Maybe too long? It seems like an expanded version of a blog post.

For me, I struggled to finish this. Yes, there are nuggets to be gleaned from it but it just wasn't gripping enough for me to get through this in one long sitting.

This book is for those who don't exactly understand why Google is big news and how it really works and why it's important in our lives. In other words, this book is actually for those who are not Net-savvy.
Coz' if they are, this book would've been passe and it's much too long than it really should.

There is one funny bit though. At least, I thought it was funny.

On page 183 where Jarvis suggested,

"...to set up chats and social networks around flights and destinations so we could hook up before and during flights."

I did a double-take when reading this line.

0 comments:

Post a Comment