Dec 13, 2009

The 4-Hour work Week: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich - A Review


Liked the concept of the book. But some of the advice given is impractical. I live in one of those developing countries. So outsourcing tasks to India at those hourly rates, is frankly, on the steep side
Plus, finding that compelling product and the necessary marketing activities required to support the product, is time-consuming as I have just realised since I'm thinking of starting up an online business as well. It feels like I've gotta quit my job so that I'll have more time for my business. Hardly a 4-hour Work Week.

I do agree with some of the reviewers here who grew tired of Ferris waxing lyrical about all the activities he gets to do besides working. But my feeling of it is more of envy.
Working from home? Not entirely possible in my line of work.
Whilst there are some useful nuggets inside the book, as an advertiser, I get a feeling of disappointment. The book title is definitely a very good hook, but after reading the book, it feels like I've been slightly duped.

0 comments:

Post a Comment