Dec 13, 2009

StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's Now, Discover Your Strengths - A Review


StrengthsFinder 2.0: A New and Upgraded Edition of the Online Test from Gallup's Now, Discover Your Strengths
Took the test and discovered the 5 strengths that I should be leveraging on. But I found the questions asked and the results a bit questionable.

The developers of the test assumes that those taking the test have complete and truthful knowledge of themselves. Several times during the test, I did wonder whether my responses were really accurate. Were they really a true reflection of me?
Another quibble is the online offerings. Yeah, I signed up to take the test. But the results and action plan available online were mere regurgitations of the book, spliced and put together according to the results! I do not see any added value of signing up on the site other than taking the test and the results and action plan to me seemed like an anti-climax.

Did the results feel accurate? In some ways, yes. I picked up this book to discover more about myself. And yet in the new learnings, I discovered that I am already doing what I'm supposed to be doing...the problem is I'm unhappy doing it.
This test tells you about your strengths but it doesn't tell you how to find happiness in your strengths.

0 comments:

Post a Comment